Education & Bar Admittance
- Graduated from the Autonomous University of Chihuahua (Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua) in 1996, obtaining a special mention.
- Carried out master’s degree in Administration from the Accounting Faculty of the Autonomous University of Chihuahua (Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua).
- Has a doctorate degree in law from the International Institute of Law and State (Instituto Internacional del Derecho y del Estado).
- Obtained specialty in conflict management and mediation for the certification of private procurers for the Judicial Formation Institute of the Judiciary Branch of the State of Chihuahua (Instituto de Formación Judicial del Poder Judicial del Estado de Chihuahua).
- Environmental and energy law.
- December 2013 – To this date: Collaborator at the Cereceres Estudio Legal, S.C. law firm.
- June 2013 – November 2013: Attorney of the Cereceres & Villalobos Abogados, S.C. law firm.
- August 2002 – May 2013: Director of the Legal Department of the Secretariat of Environment and Natural Resources of the State of Chihuahua.
- September 1996 – August 2002: Director of the Legal Department of the Federal Delegation in the State of Chihuahua of the Secretariat of Environment and Natural Resources.
Experience in the Legal Practice
- Practice primarily focused in environmental, energetic, mining, corporate, mergers and acquisitions matters. Has special knowledge and experience in matters related to environmental and ejido matters with mining companies. Has advised several technical firms that represent diverse mining companies with foreign investment. Also, has experience with matters related to water, concessions, Official Mexican Norms, norms applicable to industry and others.
- Also, participates in different activities such as, negotiations with ejido communities for the exploration and exploitation of mines, preparation of all types of agreements related to the construction and operation of mines, permits, and concessions before federal, state and municipal authorities, among others.
- Consultation in all types of corporate operations, such as: incorporation, mergers and acquisition of companies, including preparation of minutes and public instruments related to public brokering, company auditing and evaluation, economic competition, contractual regulation, as well as all types of mercantile agreements.
- Participation with the Secretariat of Environment and Natural Resources (SEMARNAT) in diverse legislative reforms, amongst which you can find: Forest Law reform of 1997 and the Environmental Equilibrium Law for the State of Chihuahua.
- Has also participated in the solution of social conflicts with ejidos and indigenous communities.
- Participation in the coordination and legal assessment of the Municipal Climate Action Plan (PACMUN) for the city of Chihuahua, which was considered as the 2015 year’s best climate change in a municipal level, and was presented to the Republic of Korea as an example.
- Participation in the assessment and the authorization of the Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua landfill.
- Coordination and preparation of the amendment to the Regulations of Environmental Equilibrium and Environmental Protection of the Chihuahua Municipality.
- Coordination of the preparation of the new Law of Environmental Equilibrium and Environmental Protection of the State of Chihuahua.
- Coordination in the areas of transparency of the Federal Delegation of the Secretariat of Environment and Natural Resources in Chihuahua, accomplishing that for the first time a Federal Delegation obtained two straight perfect evaluations in comprehensive audits (OIC).
- Teacher at the Law Faculty of the Autonomous University of Chihuahua (Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua), at an undergraduate and graduate level, in different assignations: Environmental Law, Ethnic Law, Administrative Law, Human Resources, History of Judicial Systems and Legal Sociology.
- Member of the Center of Environment and Sustainable Development (Centro Ecológico y Desarrollo Sustentable); participation in forums, congress, workshops and other as a speaker.
- Member of the Mexican Bar Association College, Chihuahua Chapter.